The Cardiology department at SMC has a dedicated team of cardiologists who work to provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care to patients suffering from heart ailments. Our team of doctors, nurses, and technicians are there to ensure supreme excellence in patient care. We are determined to provide compassionate, state-of-the–art expert care to heart patients at an affordable cost. Our highly qualified team of cardiologists along with the latest technology ensures best possible care for a wide spectrum of heart diseases.
- Stress Test / Treadmill test / Exercise Test
- 2D Echo
Cardiologists & Consulting Services at SMC:
Dr. Prakash Ballani
Dr. Hiren Gala
Dr. Dhaval Shah
Dr. Dharam Lohana
Spirometry (Pulmonary Function Test/ Lung Function Test) measures airflow. By measuring how much air you exhale and how quickly you inhale and exhale.Spirometry can evaluate a broad range of lung diseases.
In a spirometry test, while you are sitting, you breathe into a mouthpiece that is connected to an instrument called a spirometer. The spirometer records the amount and the rate of air that you breathe in and out over a period of time. When standing, some numbers might be slightly different. The most important issue is to perform the test always while at the same position.
How the Test is Performed?
For some of the test measurements, you can breathe normally and quietly. Other tests require forced inhalation or exhalation after a deep breath. Sometimes you will be asked to inhale the substance or a medicine to see how it changes your test results.
How to Prepare for the Test?
Do not eat a heavy meal before the test. Do not smoke for 4 to 6 hours before the test. You will get specific instructions if you need to stop using bronchodilators or inhaler medications. You may have to breathe in medication before or during the test.
Why the Test is performed?
Pulmonary function tests are done to:
- Diagnose certain types of lung disease (such as asthma, bronchitis and emphysema)
- Find the cause of shortness of breath
- Measure whether exposure to chemicals at work affects lung function
- Check lung function before someone has surgery
It also can be done to:
- Assess the effect of medication
- Measure progress in disease treatment
Consultant Chest Physician available at SMC:
Dr Mugdha Date
Services provided by Dr. Mugdha Date:
- 1. Consultation's for patients of asthma; COPD; T.B ( including drug resistant TB); environmental and occupational lung diseases.
- 2. Bronchoscopies with bronchoalveolar lavage; and bronchoscopic biopsies.
- 3. Consultation for patients Admitted in intensive care.
The dental clinic is equipped with contemporary dental chairs and digital radiology to provide our patients with optimal hygiene and great comfort. We use only products and equipments that have been scientifically and indisputably proven in order to enhance our chances of success and therefore offer our patients absolute peace of mind.
Our multidisciplinary approach means that your oral health and smile will receive paramount attention from our team of highly dedicated and specialized experts in the fields of cosmetic dentistry, implantology, endodontics, periodontology, orthodontics, pediatrics and general dentistry.
We offer patients a full range of dentistry services and treatments to enrich smiles, one patient at a time.
Dr. Tejal Kachalia received her Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and Masters degree (MDS) in conservative dentistry and endodontics from the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences. Additionally, she has completed her advanced education programs in endodontics and retreatment of endodontic cases. She has also completed her certificate course from the University of California, Los Angeles. The extensive training and education allows her to quickly identify and develop the most appropriate treatment plan in consultation with the patient and ensure that it is optimally implemented.
Dr. Bhavin Patel completed his graduation from Mumbai University in 2002. A former registrar, at the Centre for Advanced Dentistry, Breach Candy Hospital, Mumbai, he is now a visiting consultant for Removable Prosthodontics and also maintain his private practice at Mumbai. He is a consultant and instructor for the Biofunctional prosthetic system for removable prosthetics and is also one of the first to adopt the CAD CAM technology in Indian dentistry. He has several presentations at the national and international level to his credit and has also authored several articles in national dental magazines.
Consultants available at SMC:
1. Dr. Namrata Bijlani
Dr. Namrata routinely consults & counsels for various dermatological problems. She has trained with various lasers for removal of unwanted hair, pigmentation, tattoos etc. Her expertise lies in surgeries for ingrown toe nails and ear lobe repair. She has been the proud recipient of the Dr.A.C.Parikh award by IADVL (Maharashtra) in 2008. She keeps herself well updated and informed with the latest in her field by reading various journals, attending conferences and workshops.
- All Skin Disorders:
- Lichen Planus
- Bacterial/ Viral/ Fungal Infections
- Urticaria and Skin allergies
- Vitiligo/ Leucoderma
- All Hair Disorders:
- Hair fall
- Hair infections
- All Nail and Venereal Diseases
- Chemical peel
- Dark circle reduction
- Acne scar revision
- Anti-aging treatment
- Wart/Skin Tag/ Milia Removal
- Mole/ Cyst Removal
- Keloid Reduction
- Ear Lobe Repair
- Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
2. Dr. Jyoti Aneja
[ M.B.B.S. , D.D.V.L , M.D (Dermatology) , M.D (Alt. Med), Dermatologist,Aesthetic Dermatosurgeon and Hair Specialist. ]
Dr Jyoti has an experience of over 6 years in the field of dermatology and aesthetic medicine with expertise in advanced cosmetic uses of Botulinum toxin and fillers with special emphasis on non-surgical facial contouring techniques and hair restoration.
Although she has an impressive armamentarium of cosmetic procedures in which she has gained expertise, anti-ageing therapies are her forte. She believes in the concept of low impact cosmetic procedures with minimal downtime, pain and discomfort to her patients. These procedures now have globally proven efficacy in helping people to look their best by non-invasive and non-surgical means.
She is also actively involved in scientific research and development of pioneering products and techniques.
- Chemical Peels for Uneven Skin Tone, Acne, Aging Skin
- Tan removal
- Mesotherapy for instant glow
- Facial Pigmentation
- Acne Scar treatment
- Derma Rollers
- Trauma Scar Management
- Vampire Face Lift with PRP
- Dark circle reduction
- Stretch Mark Reduction
- Skin Lightening and Brightening Treatment
- Botox for Wrinkle Correction
- Lip Enhancement
- Double Chin reduction
- Facial Contouring
- Liquid Facelift
- Thread Lifts
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Treatment for Excessive Sweating
- Wart/Mole/Skin tag Removal
- Milia extraction
- Allergy management
- Treatment for hairfall
- PRP for hair loss
- Mesotherapy for hair
- Dandruff Treatment
- Scalp problems
- NAIL DISORDERS:
- Ingrown Toenail
- Nail discoloration
- Fungal infections
Dr Jyoti is available for consultation of ALL Skin, Hair and nail related conditions. Treatments can be done with ‘medications only’ or ‘medication & OPD based treatments’.
She personally believes in a Holistic Approach – Lifestyle modification, Medication and counseling for better results.
ENT Surgeon at SMC Medical Centre:
Dr. Sushama Mansukhani
Dr. Mansukhani has completed her post graduate surgical training in 2007 from KEM Hospital, Pune.
Dr. Sushama provides post-graduation private coaching classes. She specializes in Endoscopic Sinus Surgery and Otology.
Consultation for the following Ear, Nose and Throat problems:
- Ear Pain
- Ear discharge
- Reduced Hearing
- Throat Pain
- Change of Voice
- Blocked nose
- Hearing Evaluation
- Hearing Aid Trial
- Neck Swelling
- Foreign body in Ear, Nose or Throat
- Micro Ear surgery
Gastroenterology is a branch of medicine that deals with disorders of the digestive system. Diseases affecting the gastrointestinal tract, which includes the organs from mouth to anus, along the alimentary canal, are the focus of this speciality.
Endoscopy is a vital part of gastroenterology, where the diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of disorders like gastrointestinal cancer, Bile duct stones, Gastrointestinal bleeding and jaundice is carried out with minimal invasion on a day care basis, with complete infection control guidelines
Gastroenterologist at SMC:
Dr. Naveen Bhatia is a Surgical Gastroenterologist and Surgical Oncologist practicing from the last 4 years. He has trained at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai followed by a special fellowship in Surgical Hepato Pancreato Biliary System in Tata Memorial for a period of two years as a super specialist.
Gynaecologist at SMC:
Dr. Meena Nagrani
Dr. Kirti Vakil
Gynaecology services treat patients with a range of conditions, offering general gynaecological services and specialist services including fertility, menopause, continence and gynaecological cancer.
Therapist Pooja Sainaani has mastered the art of curing illness with gentle and painless cures. She has been awarded certificates in Naturopathy, Yogic Science and Su-Jok.
Various Alternaive Therapies conducted by Therapist Pooja Sainaani:
- Acugraph Check Analysis: Provides deep insight of the origins of any existing health issues in your body.
- Yin Yang Balance: The forces of Yin and Yang are energetic qualities that shape everything in the universe, including our health. Its balance gives information of the energy distribution on the left and right side of your body.
- 5 Elements of the body: This incredibly significant theory helps us understand, diagnose and treat all health issues of body, mind, emotions and spirit.
- Acupressure: It is based on the concept of life energy which flows through "meridians" in the body. In treatment, physical pressure is applied to acupuncture points with the aim of clearing blockages in these meridians. Pressure may be applied by hand, by elbow, or with various devices.
- Su-Jok: the effect of employing simple acupressure stimulation to treat various health problems on the corresponding points/areas on either the hands or feet has forward to gives very high effective form of treatment & sometimes complex ailments & long standing disorders and the need to resort to acupuncture by doesn’t arise.
- Magnet Therapy: that uses magnets of varying sizes and strengths that are placed on the body to relieve pain and treat disease. Proponents state the magnetic fields produced from the negative pole of the magnet have healing powers. Negative magnetic fields are thought to stimulate metabolism, increase the amount of oxygen available to cells, and create a less acidic environment within the body.
- Color Therapy: Chromo therapy is often facilitated in the healing rooms of alternative health practitioners. Color therapy is classified as a vibrational healing modality. Color therapy is classified as a vibrational healing modality. Vibrational medicine incorporates the use of chi energies within living organisms such as plants, gemstones and crystals, water, sunlight, and sound.
- Bodyliner: Features include - Figure trimming for women flatten and reshaping of the body.
Therapist Pooja helps restore her patients’ health and thus their lives.
SMC Medical Centre provides treatment for the following ailments with the help of homeopathy:
ADHD, Learning Disabilities, Sinus, Migraines, Depression,Insomnia, Schizophrenia, Joint Pains, Muscle Aches, Cerebral Palsy, Osteoporosis, PCOD, Thyroid,Obesity, Renal Stones, Nephrotic Syndrome, Respiratory Ailments- Asthma, Bronchitis, Gastric Ailments – Piles, Fissures, Acidity, Peptic Ulcers, IBS, Colitis, Spondylosis, Connective tissue disorder etc.
1. Dr. Asher Shaikh
Graduated from Motiwala Homeopathic Medical Centre and his M.D. from Foster Homeopathic medical college.With his vast practice and experience, he has been known to cure a wide range of diseases and is spreading homeopathy across the globe with patients from different countries. He has been practicing homeopathy since the last 15 years, and as an ardent student of homeopathy, he aims to propagate homeopathy not as an alternative healing system but as a perfect therapeutic medical science.
2. Dr. Praful Borkar
Dr. Borkar graduated from C.M.P Homeopathy Medical College and trained at Mumbaidevi Homeopathic Hospital. He has been awarded numerous times for sincere work in Homeopathy and informative lectures and seminars on the subject. He has been practicing predictive homeopathy since the last 18 years. He has very good experience in treating chronic as well as acute cases and various illnesses. He has helped many mentally retarded and autistic children live better lives with homeopathy management.
3. Dr. Varsha Nainani
Dr. Varsha graduated from C.M.P. Homeopathy Medical College with a distinction. She has been awarded medals by the Beacon foundation for debates and literary skills. She has trained at Mumbaidevi Homeopathic Hospital. Along with these, she has taken practical training in the field of paediatrics, dermatology, respiratory conditions and clinical medicine.
4. Dr. Dipika Velkar
Our physiotherapy department provides treatment to individuals to develop, maintain and restore maximum movement and function throughout life. With our state-of-the-art equipment and technology and our team of experienced physiotherapists, we ensure recovery, which in return will help you regain your individuality thus rebuilding your confidence.
SMC Physiotherapists include:
- Dr. Jyoti Jagtap: A graduate from Seth G.S. Medical College K.E.M. Hospital from the MUHS University in January 2003.
Practicing rehabilitation in the field of Orthopaedic & Neurology since last 10 years, she has a private practice specializing in the rehabilitation of spine care and joint replacement therapy care. She is a lecturer at Dilkhush Special Children’s School.
Synapse Physiotherapy Department
- Neck & Back Pain
- Arthritic Knee Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Posture Related Problems
- Sports Injuries
- Post Traumatic Stiffness
- General Muscle Weakness
- Balance & Fall in Elderly
- Neuro Rehabilitation in Stroke, Paralysis, Parkinsons Disease, Cerebral Palsy, Spinal Cord Injuries
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Pre & Post Natal Exercise & Care
- Ergonomic Advice
Cancer is the name given to a large group of diseases, in which the cells are growing out of control. Cells make up all of the parts of our bodies go through a life cycle. The old cells die and new cells form to take their place.
Occasionally, this process goes awry. The cells begin to multiply rapidly forming a mass of cells called as a tumour. A benign tumour does not spread, to other parts of the body. It is considered non-cancerous. A malignant tumour, can spread throughout the body and is considered cancerous.
Many tumours cause swelling or lump on accessible part of the body, i.e.: skin, breast, testicle or oral cavity. A typical swelling due to a cancer is initially painless, though ulceration may occur which may then become painful.
Cancer is possibly curable if diagnosed and treated in early stages. During the late stages when cure may not be possible, patients can be treated to have meaningful life with disease. Correct diagnosis, supervision and management is of utmost importance.
Oncologist at SMC: Dr. Naveen Bhatia is a surgical gastroenterologist and surgical oncologist practicing from the last 4 years. He has trained at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai followed by a special fellowship in Surgical Hepato Pancreato Biliary System in Tata Memorial for a period of two years as a super specialist.
SMC Medical Centre provides quality and affordable ophthalmic care with the highest levels of skill and ability, leading to effective care that patient needs and ensuring the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of various eye care conditions by using the latest technologies, techniques and machines in ophthalmology.
Our group of ophthalmologist include:
- Dr. Shanta Motwane: Dr. Shanta Motwane has been the president and secretary of BOA. She has won a gold medal in intra-ocular lens society and is a specialist in anterior segment, glaucoma and medical retina. She has published over 50 national journals and given over a 100 presentations at both national and international conferences. She has been an ex professor and head of department in LTMMC, KJ Somaiya Medical College and hospital. She has been teaching since 1980. She is an examiner for MS, DOMS, DMB and an inspector for DMB Registrations.
- Dr. Kavita Rao
SMC provides expert consultations and individualised treatments for joint and musculoskeletal problems.
Orthopaedic Surgeon at SMC:
Dr. V.K.Khanna is a consultant Orthopaedic surgeon. His total surgical experience is more than 37 years.
He specializes in:
- Trauma and General Orthopaedics
- Joint Arthroplasty (Hip & Knee)
Hypnosis is a way to 'Master Your Mind'
Mind is everything.All that we are is the result of what we have thought. What we think we become. Once we begin to understa nd and pay attention to our mind, we come to see its positive and negative tendencies. The other level of our mind is the conscious mind which accounts for about 10% of our mind. It is logical, analytical and has temporary memory. Conscious decisions are influenced by the data stored in our subconscious mind. We can access our subconscious mind through our memories, strong emotions or habit evaluations. There is another effective method and that is through Hypnosis.
Hypnosis is like a meditative technique that encourages inner search and the understanding that forms of anxiety and certain physical conditions have an emotional or psychological origin.
Clinical Hypnotherapy involves hypnotherapy with targeted treatment protocols designed for treating or alleviating certain specific mental or physical conditions.
Common conditions that can be helped by clinical hypnosis:
- Anxiety disorders
- Eating disorders
- Eczema and certain skin disorders
- Fear of negative evaluation
- Migraine and other headaches
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Insomnia and other sleep disorders
- Nail biting
- Negative experience or trauma from the past
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Pain management
- Pain attack & Panic disorders
- Performance anxiety
- Pregnancy and Hypno-birthing
- Relationship problems
- Repetitive learned behaviours (Habits)
- Self confidence
- Sexual problems
- Smoking cessation & De-addiction
- Stress management
Consultant at SMC
Dr. Deepali Ajinkya
Dr. Deepali completed her post-graduation training in preventive medicine. She is a practicing Physician, Psychologist and a Clinical Hypnotherapist. She has done her Masters in Psychotherapy which has enabled her to combine her psychotherapy skills with clinical hypnotherapy for impressive results. She has also taken in her clinical practice for stress management and anxiety disorders successfully.
SRL pathologist with their blend of medical training and specialized training in the science and discipline of pathology supervise the laboratory investigations as well as consult often with the patient's doctor. The modern pathology laboratory also requires the skills of highly trained professional scientists and technicians, as well as various equally skilled support staff to ensure that investigations are performed efficiently and accurately.
Every aspect of our investigation is performed under an umbrella of strict quality control using the most advanced accurate and reliable equipment. The laboratory is organized into departments that can be called upon to contribute their specialized skills and knowledge to any investigation.
SMC Medical Centre offers all out patient comprehensive pediatric care services which include:
- Children checkups (All childhood problems and illnesses)
- Child growth and development assessment
- Newborn infant, children vaccination and nebulisations.
- Nutritional/ Dietary problems of children
- All Newborn problems including premature, Low birth weight, Very low birth weight (VLBW) and Extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants
- Child friendly blood collection and X-Ray facilities
Dr. Kalpesh Date [DNB, DCH, FCPS, DCH (CPS)] is a practising pediatrition (Child Specialist) and Neonatologist (Newborn Specialist). He is attached to various premiere hospitals in Mumbai. He consults at the Pediatric clinic at SMC Medical Centre. Dr. Kalpesh also specialises in intensive care (ICU) services of children (PICU) and newborns (NICU).
SMC specializes in counselling patients with
- Sexual dysfunction
- Headaches/ Migraines
- Mental Retardation with behavioral problems
Dr. Renu is a psychiatrist and a counsellor and has been practicing since 1999. Dr. Renu has given lectures on stress management in New India Assurance Teaching College at Juhu from 2000-2010.
Services offered at SMC:
- All ultrasound examinations including trans-vaginal & trans-rectal ultrasounds
- High resolution examinations of small parts & musculo-skeletal system
- Full range of pregnancy related ultrasound and color Doppler examinations including Amniocentesis
- All color doppler examinations
- Ultasound guided interventions: FNA, Trucut biopsy, Drainage
- Biopsy for prostrate
Radiologist at SMC: Dr. Mitossh Ruparel
General Surgeon at SMC:
Dr. Deepak Desai has completed his post-graduation surgical training in 1985 through Mumbai University at Topiwala National Medical College and B Y L Nair Hospital.
Surgical services provided include General Surgery such as General, Abdominal, G.I. Surgery and Urology.